As you register for APA's 2020 National Planning Conference, please keep the following information in mind. Your attention to these details will make registration and attendance easier and faster for both you and APA.
- You may register online, by fax, or mail. You cannot register by phone. Please register only once (i.e., if you fax your registration form, do not also mail it). There is a $50 fee for faxed or mailed registration.
- If we cannot verify your APA membership when you register, you will be charged the nonmember rate.
- If you are not an APA member and do not have a nonmember account, create one before you register or, for the best price on NPC20,join APA.
- You must use your own account to register. You may not register another person under your account.
- The email address you provide on the registration form will be your email address of record for all APA communications.
Not a Member?
Join APA for the first time now and qualify for the APA member registration rate.
For students, membership is FREE and NPC20 registration is only $135 through March 4.
Other new members* get HALF OFF regular member dues and HALF OFF the regular member rate for conference registration.
By joining now you will pay less to attend NPC20 and enjoy APA member benefits throughout the conference and all year long.
*New member rate is only applicable for U.S. residents.
If you have questions at any point during the registration process, please stop and call 312-334-1250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding.
Registration rates are available through 11:59 p.m. CT on the following dates:
- Early Bird rate — through March 4
- Regular rate — through March 27
- Last-chance rate — after March 27
Badges and Activity Tickets
Regardless of registration date, ALL registrants will need to pick up their badge and activity tickets at the registration booth in the George R. Brown Convention Center. You may add activity tickets at any time. (Note: After April 1, all ticket sales are final)
There are two types of conference activities.
Non-Ticketed Activities: All non-ticketed activities are included with your conference registration. Adding a non-ticketed activity to your schedule is for your reference only; it does not save you a seat (so don't be late!) or require you to attend.
Ticketed Activities: Activities displaying the ticket icon require a ticket in order to attend. Even if an activity ticket is free, add it to your cart and "purchase" it during checkout.
Ticketed Activity Wait List
If the ticketed activity is sold out, you may be placed on the wait list. Go to the mobile workshop departure area at the appropriate date and time. If space becomes available, individuals on the waiting list will be accommodated in the order you were placed on the wait list. If all wait list attendees are accommodated, APA will sell additional tickets — as space is available — up to the time of departure
How to Pay for Registration and Tickets
Indicate your payment method on the registration form if you register by mail or fax. APA must receive your full payment, in U.S. dollars, by a listed deadline date to qualify for the associated rate.
- Pay by check (mail registrations only). Make check payable to American Planning Association.
- Pay by credit card (required for fax registrations). APA accepts all major credit cards. The cardholder's signature is required.
If you register online, APA will email a confirmation within 24 hours. If you register by mail or fax, APA will email a confirmation within two weeks of receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation, please notify email@example.com.
If you must cancel or transfer your registration, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You cannot cancel or transfer by phone or via social media. April 1 is the last day to cancel and receive a refund. There is a $50 fee for cancellations and transfers ($35 for students).
If you wish to cancel your purchase of a ticketed activity, email email@example.com by April 1. There is no fee to cancel a purchased ticketed activity.
APA POLICY REGARDING RELEASE OF NPC20 ATTENDEE INFORMATION
APA respects the privacy of individuals who have registered for NPC20 and retains sole control of the registrant list and all the information it contains. We will release registrant information only to NPC20 exhibitors and sponsors and only for individuals who have opted in to receiving communications from NPC20 exhibitors. Please disregard any communications you receive regarding NPC20 registrant lists that are not from APA.
APA will record and photograph portions of the conference. By registering for NPC20, you agree to be photographed or recorded and grant APA permission to use the photographs or recordings on APA's website, social media accounts, publications, emails, and elsewhere.