The Supreme Court’s Knick Decision: What It Did and Did Not Change
Tuesday, July 30, 2019
noon - 1:30 p.m. CDT
CM | 1.50
L | 1.50
What You'll Learn
- Learn about the recent Supreme Court decision
- Understand how that decision may or may not affect the planning practice
More Course Details
In June, in the case of Knick v. Township of Scott, a divided Supreme Court overturned part of a longstanding precedent that generally required plaintiffs alleging unconstitutional takings to first try and fail to obtain compensation under state law before pursuing a federal takings claim. Property rights activists celebrated their one-vote win, but as a practical matter does the decision really change things for planners? This webinar provides 1.5 Law CM.
This course is approved for 1.50 Illinois MCLE general credit hours.
This webinar is in partnership with APA Learn.
- $20 PLD member for the Live and the online APA Learn course.
- $30 APA member (non-PLD member) Live and the online APA Learn course.
- $60 non-APA member/non-PLD member for the Live and the online APA Learn course.
Join the Planning and Law Division before registering and pay the PLD member price.
- Group Rate (one registration fee allows any number of people to watch from one computer): $140 live webinar ONLY.
Online registration will close on Tuesday, July 30, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. CST.
For registration questions e-mail email@example.com or call (312) 334-1250.
Deborah Rosenthal, FAICP