Transit Route Study
Tyler Area MPO
The objective of this RFP is to solicit proposals from qualified transportation research vendors to conduct research, engage public and private entities, and provide several alternatives for enhancing its transit services in the Tyler Area MPO. The goal for this project is to adopt a plan that will aid regional transit providers to continue to provide safe, reliable and customer service oriented public transportation services through innovative mobility strategies including but not limited to:
- Update and improve transportation services;
- Encourage and incentivize coordination and collaboration;
- Improve connectivity and access;
- Increase ridership through targeted outreach, marketing, engagement and/or other contractor recommended strategies;
- Develop the span of service to include evenings and weekends;
- Provide more transportation options;
- Expand accessibility;
- Increase special services for priority populations;
- Decrease transportation gaps; and
- Create regional mobility connections for the community of East Texas.
All Proposers are cautioned to read the entire RFP, noting insurance and submittal requirements, and to complete all required forms enclosed. Failure to provide all requested information may cause the proposal to be rejected. The MPO reserves the right to waive minor irregularities in proposals and to reject any and all offers and re-solicit or cancel this RFP.
Proposers are invited to submit demonstrated competence and qualifications of their ability to provide these services. The information contained within this document is intended to provide interested firms or individuals with the requirements and criteria that will be used to make the selection.