Development of Vacant Parcels
Lake Worth Beach Community Redevelopment Agency
Lake Worth Beach, FL
The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to solicit proposals for the development of vacant, City-owned parcels along Lake Avenue and N. “B” Street in the mixed-use east zoning district. The site contains three lots located between Lake and Lucerne Avenues and between “A” and “B” Street.
The CRA is seeking one proposal for the development of all three lots. The intent of the RFP is to create a unified vision with similar uses in the District that complement the evolving landscape as seen further east on Lake and Lucerne Avenues. A proposal from one developer, willing to develop all of the parcels is required. It is the CRA’s intention to competitively select a Developer with the proven ability and interest to construct a development, and own the property once constructed.
Projects must be at least three stories in height. The project should have a mix of uses, predominately residential. Due to the site’s location, at the entranceway to the City of Lake Worth Beach, the proposed development must be distinct, iconic and welcoming in its design. Proposers are encouraged to speak to City Staff to discuss architecture, ideas and possibilities.
The selected developer will, at a minimum:
- Be an experienced, stable and financed developer who has completed similar projects in the South Florida area.
- Be able to develop aesthetically-pleasing, well-designed units incorporating innovative features and amenities such as green, sustainable building techniques while meeting the City’s mixed-use zoning regulations and thoroughfare design guidelines.
- Work with CRA & City Staff to identify and incorporate the design objectives for the specific area.
- May include some affordable units for sale or rental, however, market rate or workforce housing is preferred. A market study that supports the proposed project is encouraged.
- The minimum price acceptable for the lots is $272,376. Three appraisals were done for the three contiguous lots. These are available for review.
- Only development proposals that provide for ownership required to generate ad-valorem taxes will be accepted.
The full RFP document can be obtained by email: firstname.lastname@example.org