Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances Update
The County of Brunswick, Virginia, desires to procure planning services, via Request for Proposals (RFP's), to review and update the County's Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances.
The County requests proposals from firms able to facilitate and complete the update of the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinance which will:
- Follow the vision, goals and objectives of the Comprehensive Plan and encourage economic, environmentally-friendly and socially sustainable development.
- Provide commonly used definitions and a user-friendly set of guidelines in clear, simple language or in illustrated language. Ensure language is clearly stated to avoid, whenever possible, disputes of interpretations.
- Update the Zoning and Subdivision ordinances so that they are more responsive to development trends and encourage quality development.
- Update the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances so that they are current with all local, state and federal statues and are consistent with recent case law and constitutional determinations.
- Establish clear procedures for zoning related applications and identify opportunities for process simplification and flexibility.
- Updating for consistency of language, the review process, and legalities regarding variances and conditional use requests.
- Updating to enhance the usability and understanding of the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances with visual representations, charts, tables, matrices, sketches, etc.
- Researching possibility of fees related to the impact of services.
For the RFP, please visit the County's website at https://www.brunswickco.com.